DT Member Roni Johnson creates this gorgeous, hand-made ornament, using rubber stamps, die cuts and recycled product packaging.
Ornament Finished Size: 4” x 4.5”
|by DT Member Roni (inkstainedroni)|
StampersBest Rubber Stamps:
Christmas Holly Border SC02003UM;
Floral Trumpet Background BGM0064UM
(optional: you can use our Poinsettia Blossom Rubber Stamp if you don't have this die shape)
Archival Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending Tool, Liquid Pearls – Ranger Industries
Cardstock – Georgia Pacific (white); Couture Cardstock
Acetate (recycled packaging)
Spellbinders Die (frame & poinsettia)
Sizzix Die (winter foliage)
Double Stick Foam Tape
1. Cut 3 graduated sizes of a single frame design alternating brown and white cardstock. I die-cut the two smaller sizes then hand cut the third frame in order for the cardinals to fit into the center opening.
2. Stamp the two brown frames with the Holly border and the white frame with the Floral Trumpet Background image. Color the holly berries with a red marker. Distress the edges of each frame with Distress Ink and the Ink Blending Tool.
3. Flip each frame over, measure and cut an acetate window for each frame. I used recycled acetate from product packaging.
4. Stamp Cardinals on white cardstock and color as desired. I used a mix of Distress Inks and Bic Markers. Trim both cardinals from the cardstock.7. After each of your layers has been completed it’s time to assemble the ornament. Add double stick foam tape to the backs of the medium and small frames. Remove the liner tapes and mount the small to the medium and medium to the large frame.
5. Die-cut an assortment of poinsettia flowers and winter foliage. (Or stamp using the Poinsettia Rubber Stamp)
6. Begin adding elements to each layer of the ornament by layering as you go.I then placed the medium sized frame over the largest frame and added the female Cardinal, half of a poinsettia flower and additional winter foliage. Finally I placed the smallest frame over the first two frames and added the male Cardinal, full poinsettia, holly leaves and more foliage.
8. Add finishing touches – a bit of Yellow Liquid Pearls to the center of the poinsettia and a ribbon hanger.
We invite you to post photos of your hand-made ornaments using StampersBest rubber stamps & we'll give you bonus rewards points to use in our online store :-)